Veggie "Omelet"

(This particular day I used all egg whites and added a little chopped tomato to the veggies.)

I call this an "omelet", but I'm a TERRIBLE omelet maker! So it's basically just scrambled eggs and veggies. :)

1 cup chopped spinach
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup copped mushrooms
1 whole egg*
2 egg whites
1 tbsp Parmesan cheese
salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste

Scrambled the eggs with desired seasonings. Saute the onion and mushrooms with some non-stick cooking spray. When the onions are soft and the mushrooms are starting to brown add the spinach. Once it's wilted, add the eggs. When the eggs are cooked, sprinkle with cheese and enjoy! Sometimes I'll put salsa on this too. So yummy!!

Makes 1 serving.

*I used to use the whole egg until I realized that I like plain egg whites just fine. Now I use three egg whites and I don't even notice the difference. And the egg whites are fat free!!

Calories 157
Fat 7g
Sodium 292mg (without added salt)
Carbs 6g
Fiber 1.5g
Sugar 0.5g
Protein 18g

No comments: